10.24.2008

TODAY...

This morning, while I was making coffee, I looked out the kitchen window and saw this. I ran outside to take some pictures. It was so beautiful.


We're having some friends over this evening for dinner and we decided it was a great day for some good old fashioned chili. I wanted to try something different, so after reading a few different recipes, I concocted my own recipe. We'll see how it turns out. I wish I had started it last night so that it could be marinating for longer. As it is, it will only be on the stove for about 4 hours by the time we sit down to eat it. But it should still be good. It'll be super-duper hot (as in SPI-CEY!!), that's for sure!




VERDICT: The chili was a hit! I thickened it after taking this picture. It was served over rice and topped with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar. I made honey cornbread in the iron skillet which gave the meal a wonderful, comforting, well-rounded feel and taste. This is the perfect time of year for this kind of meal. My friend, Renee, brought a delicious homemade apple pie which we served with Edy's ice cream and coffee. We enjoyed our dessert outside by the fire over conversation that lasted well into the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks soooo yummy!