Well, I thought that I had seen it all. I really did. I mean, I'm kinda young and all, but I've seen a lot and I feel that up till this point that I had seen a lot of people, places, and things, but tonight my eyes were opened.
Here's the stage, Aunt Mary volunteers to change Elias. Elias our mild mannered son is quite docile at this point and gives no objections. Geniene and I finishing up our dinner offer our sincerest thanks and continue to eat.
Mary gets started on the diaper change and I quickly suggest she cover him up so that he doesn't pee on her. Alas, my warning was too late. Without notice a stream of pooh comes flying towards Aunt Mary and she dives out of the way.
Somewhat stunned, we all take a moment of silence contemplating the preceeding moments happenings.
Did that just happen? Did Elias just projectile pooh? Suddenly before my eyes are weird variations of the Exorcist. Is my child possessed? Now mind you, that this all happened within the space of about 45 seconds, and at this point he is still docile and content.
Fortunetely, the moment passed quickly and I realized that my dear child was not possessed. This was just one of those moments that we'll remember in the future and laugh. In the end everyone was okay; Elias kept sleeping, Mary was safe and the carpet was cleaned.
There is a moral here. When changing your baby, cover him up!
2 comments:
Just be glad it wasn't someone else's carpet...nothing ruins a good small group Bible study like projectile pooh!
Hey, congratulations, by the way.
Uh....yeah. That wasn't what I'd call fun, but he's still a sweetie none the less.
~Aunt Mary
Post a Comment