
It's been far too long since I've posted anything about what's going on in the "life of dan and gen." Eli is growing everyday. He's crawling on all fours now. Eating puffed cereal - that means he's picking it up with his little grubby fingers and sometimes making it into his mouth. Those that do make it often end up falling out, or at least part of it. It's a mess, but eating a learning experience just like anything else. The poor dear has a perpetual runny nose due to teething/allergies/cold/take your pick, which he prefers to keep that way, thankyouverymuch. He silently fights the tissue and any hand connected to it by grabbing it and ripping it to shreds while moving his head back and forth making it impossible to truly clean his face. Instead, his nose-goods just get wiped all over his face only to crust and crack on his cute little cheeks. I love to watch him play. Of course, it's loads of fun to play with him, Mommy often has things to do around the house. And while I'm doing these things, I look over at my cute dear son and watch him as he discovers the world. He crawls right over to his toy basket and pulls the ones he wants out. Sometimes, he just dumps the whole basket over onto its side so he has easy pickins of all the contents. One of his favorite toys, oddly enough, is an empty DeerPark water bottle. There's a cheap toy for ya!
This weekend, Dan is going on the Men's Retreat with our church. I decided to take the opportunity to visit my grandparents in Virginia. My sister, Angela, is going with me and Elias. It'll be a quick visit but a much needed one. We were there in August, which was nice, but before that, it had been way too long. They had never met Eli. With Eli growing so fast, he's already changed a lot just since our family vacation.
2 comments:
YEAH I can't wait to see you!
glad to see that you are enjoying time with your son- it's in the every day teaching and training that they learn- then when we step back- we see they are coming right along! (Sorry, more of the teacher than parent speaking :)
Hope you have a good visit in VA... I missed ya!
Post a Comment