10.01.2006

New Things

"Good things come to those who wait." Well, we've been blessed after waiting for many long months for many things (like our sofabed that we just got 10 days ago), but I must say that although we gave our PC laptop a good run for its money, we ended up getting a new computer last night. It got to the point where we could barely do anything on the Dell, as you read in my last post which took me FOREVER to post. So until we get all our pictures transferred to this computer, I don't have any exciting pictures. But hopefully we will do that soon.

If I did have a picture to post, it would be a close-up of Elias' shiny new upper-front tooth coming in. I noticed several days ago that he was making a weird noise with his teeth. Upon closer examination, I realized that he was grinding his bottom teeth against his upper tooth (maybe teeth?). I tell you what, if you've never heard someone grind their teeth before, it's quite possibly worse than fingernails on a blackboard, or teeth against a fork (one of Dan's personal pet pieves, next to someone chewing loudly). I really hope this teeth grinding doesn't last long. It's grinding on my last nerve!

Another new "trick" that Eli has learned is to pull himself up to a standing position. If I haven't announced his crawling yet, sorry. He's been crawling for about 4-5 weeks now. He is now finding EVERYTHING that he shouldn't and putting everything in his mouth. I like to keep a box of Cheerios on hand because we can all enjoy them. (Cheerios is one brand name that you can't go cheap on. Cereal isn't cheap. But most kinds, you can find an off-brand and it will taste pretty close to the big expensive name-brands. But not Cheerios. I haven't found any other off-brand that tastes as good as Cheerios.) Eli is pulling himself up on everything and everybody that he can get his little hands on. He's doing quite well. I'm really impressed. I'm a little concerned that he might start walking much earlier than I would like. We'll have to change our tiny little condo around to make it more toddler-friendly.

No comments: